Child & Family Consultants provide Special Needs Resources for children in licensed childcare. We also provide the following specialized services to families with infants, toddlers, and preschool-aged children in home or community settings:
- Developmental screening and Informal needs assessment;
- Education, support, and coaching for parents, caregivers, and childcare providers;
- Play-based early intervention strategies;
- Advocacy and Case management; and
- Community-wide service planning.
- Promote early identification and intervention for children with extra needs;
- Maximize opportunities for optimal growth and development of the child and family unit;
- Provide family-centred service based on caregiver strengths, needs, and priorities; and within the child's natural environment;
- Support an integrated approach to planning for Infant Development & Special Needs Resources.
Developmental Support Worker (DSW) Program
This program is designed to support the full inclusion of all children in licensed child care settings (for children ages 0-13 years); or an approved recreation program (ages 6-13 only). Support is provided based on the needs of the early learning classroom/group and available Special Needs Resources.
A Developmental Support Worker (DSW) is assigned to one or sometimes multiple children with extra needs for a set number of full or half days per week. The DSW plays an important role in helping the child achieve his/her social, developmental, and play-based learning goals.
For children starting Kindergarten, the Child & Family Consultant will collaborate with the School Board (St. Clair Catholic or Lambton Kent) and the Children's Treatment Centre to support a seamless transition to school.
How to Make a Referral
Parents/guardians usually refer their children for service. Community partners (such as doctors, child care providers, etc.) can also refer a child--but only with the family's permission.
If you have questions or concerns about a child's development, or for more information on any of our programs and services, Call (519) 352-0440 (Press 2) or E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Community partners may use this form to make a referral.